Special Education and SELPA

    • Does Your Child Need Help?

      Does your child need an Assessment for Special Education or Special Education Services?

      All children develop at different rates and in different ways. If you think that your child may have a disability in one or more of the following areas:

      * Autism

      *  Deafness

      * Hearing Impairment

      * Multiple disabilities

      * Other health impairment

      * Speech language impairment

      * Visual impairment

      * Deaf/Blind

      * Emotional disturbance

      * Intellectual Disability

      * Orthopedic impairment

      * Specific learning disability

      * Traumatic brain injury

      Please contact the school principal for more information.

      State and Local Educational Agencies are responsible for initially assessing children and students who are referred for suspected disabilities from birth through 18 years. Some of these children and students MAY BE ELIGIBLE to receive Special Education Services. Students enrolled in private/parochial schools who do not reside in the Sonora School District should contact the local school district in which the family resides.